Lucas Paquetá was officially presented on Tuesday at Casa Milan. It was about 40 minutes of a press conference, but soon in the first questions, the midfielder heard a very common word when speaking of Brazilians in the Rossoneri club: Kaka. The Flamengo revelation, traded for 35 million euros, said that he hopes to follow in the footsteps of the best in the world in 2007.
– Kaka is a great player, my idol. I saw his games at Milan, I know his history, he was the best in the world. I hope I can follow what he did and build my history here with titles – he said in Portuguese while still learning Italian.
– I played with Kaka a few days ago (in the Zico Star Game). He told me that I would find a club as a family and I will try to follow the advice he gave me – completed another time.
Also present at the Paqueta’s first press conference as a Milan player – as well as the idol Paolo Maldini (director of development and sports strategy) and Paolo Scaroni (president) – Leonardo (sports director) tried to calm any possible comparisons that might arise:
– Milan has a great history with Brazilian players. The expectation is high and understandable. The talent exists, but let’s not make comparisons with Kaka. These are different situations. Ricardo has arrived in a winning Milan and with so many champions, now the team and the company are under construction, so to evaluate we will have to take all these aspects into account. But the talent is there.
Paqueta, who has got the kit number 39 – He chose the same number as when he began in Flamengo – admitted that he was very happy at the time he was called by Milan to start his International career.
– When a club with this story called me I was very happy. They presented me with an important project and with important professionals. I talked to my family and we decided that Milan was the right place for me.
And when will Paqueta have his debut for the Rossoneri?
Paquetá has been training since the end of the Brazilian League and should be able to play a few minutes on Saturday against Sampdoria by the Italian Cup.
On another Wednesday, the 16th, there is a golden opportunity against Juventus for the Super Cup. There was a curiosity in the press about what would be the preference of the player, famous for his versatility since he played in various roles for Flamengo. He gave his opinion:
– I’m comfortable as a midfielder. At Flamengo, I was playing ahead, but I’m versatile and my goal is to help the team. Every game is important when you wear red and black. My idea is to play in the front, play offensive football with the team.
– I’m a technical player who always tries to understand how the game works and how it develops. I think I have a good shape and I am working a lot with and without the ball because in Italy it is very important. I want to create chances and finish the goal – he described.
Paquetá, however, is aware of the challenges that await him in a league very different from the Brazilian.
– I’ve seen a lot of Serie A matches. It’s a very physical and tactical football, different from Brazil. I will be attentive to all the details that will teach me how to improve and give the best of me the field to win.
“I need to get into Italian football as fast as I can and get in touch with my teammates. Since I was a child, I have always tried to play in different positions. I want to do my best for the team.